This smoothie contains some tried and tested anti nausea remedies and gives a great nutritional boost. Optimally it would be served at your bedside when you wake to avoid you having to move around to much with that low blood sugar but if that's not working for you it'll do the trick later in the day too.
- 1 medium to large banana
- 7 large strawberries (Optional: for first this in the morning you're probably going to want to stick to plain banana)
- 1/2" piece of ginger (4 grams), peeled and chopped in 4 chunks OR 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt (full cream is delicious if you've got)
- 1/4 cup (25 grams) quick oats or rolled oats if you don't mind some chunks of oats in your smoothie
- a dash of apple juice
- Chop up the banana and the strawberries and pop them in the blender
- Add the yogurt and prepared ginger
- Give it a quick blend
- Add the oats and blend again
- Slowly add a little apple juice at a time and blend in between until it reaches a consistency you like.
Morning sickness is unpleasant but it usually not crippling. If your symptoms seem unusually severe, talk to your medical care provider. There’s a more serious condition called Hyperemesis Gravidarum that sometimes requires more specialized treatment.
For a real feel good session make yourself a smoothie and book a relaxing prenatal massage right in the comfort of your home.